This tutorial will teach you how to fix Minecraft Launcher not opening in Windows 10/11. If your launcher is still stuck on the “Starting up” screen, read this guide for a possible solution.
The “minecraft launcher won’t open windows 11” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released a fix to fix the issue.
When you attempt to run Minecraft, the launcher will not open or load. It’s possible that the Minecraft launcher won’t operate with Java or Windows 10 Edition.
Minecraft gamers have reported that after updating their Windows OS or installing the launcher from the Microsoft shop, the game begins to behave strangely.
After launching it, neither the launcher nor the background process open, and you can’t even locate it in Task Manager.
If you’re having trouble with the Minecraft launcher not opening in 2022, we’ve got the greatest solution for you.
IN Windows 11, 10, and 7, UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
My Minecraft launcher isn’t working.
To have a deeper understanding of this topic, you must first learn more about the various sources of the problem.
- Unstable internet connection: If you’re playing Minecraft online, the most frequent reason of Minecraft launcher failure on your Windows PC is a terrible internet connection. Don’t worry if you’re playing Minecraft offline.
- The game will not start if your PC’s launcher profile is corrupted. You’ll need to erase the launcher profiles and relaunch the game in this scenario.
- Issue with out-of-date drivers: This is a pretty frequent problem. Check to see whether your computer’s video card drivers are up to date.
- The Windows 10/11 operating system is out of date: The most recent version of Windows must be installed on your computer. Make sure your operating system is up to date.
- Too many modifications: If you have too many mods loaded on your computer, it may be difficult to start the game.
How can I launch Minecraft Launcher on a Windows PC?
Let’s try a couple fixes to see if we can address the problem.
1. Remove all Launcher profiles
It’s possible that a corrupted Minecraft launcher profile file will prevent the launcher from starting at all. As a result, you’ll need to erase the launcher profile from your system in this scenario.
- To begin, hit the Windows key + R combination to bring up the Run dialog box.
- Press Enter after typing in percent appdata percent.
- Look for the.minecraft folder and double-click it to open it.
- Delete the launcher profiles.json file from the.minecraft folder.
2. On your Windows 10/11 PC, reinstall Minecraft.
If the preceding solution did not work for you, try this one. Simply delete Minecraft and wipe all traces from your computer before reinstalling it.
Take the following steps:
- Using the Windows + R keys, type control and press Enter.
- It’ll bring up the Control Panel.
- Here click on Programs > Programs and Features.
- Locate and remove the Minecraft file.
- Now again press Windows + R to Press Enter after typing in percent appdata percent.
- Delete the.minecraft folder from this location.
- Minecraft may be downloaded from minecraft.net and reinstalled.
3. Install the latest graphic card driver.
The Minecraft launcher won’t open on PC problem is caused by outdated or mismatched graphics drivers on your computer. You should run a system check and make sure your graphics drivers are up to current. In the vast majority of situations, NVIDIA publishes a game-ready driver for the Minecraft launcher, which effectively eliminates the problem.
If you don’t have the time or knowledge to update your graphics drivers, we recommend installing driver updater software on your computer.
Driver Easy is the greatest driver updater program we’ve used so far. This program analyzes your computer in real time for any outdated software. After the scan, it will provide a list of outdated drivers. Simply hit the update button to have the newest version of the driver installed on your PC.
Give it a go by downloading the free trial version of Driver Easy.
Fix number four. Run Minecraft with administrative privileges.
If the Minecraft launcher won’t open on your Windows PC, it signifies you’re having trouble with privileges, which is why your game isn’t opening.
You must run Minecraft as an administrator to resolve this problem. To do so, go to Minecraft, right-click it, and choose Run as Administrator from the menu. This should take care of your issue.
Fix #5: Restart the computer with a clean boot.
Some background services and activities may cause the game’s launcher to malfunction. A clean boot is required to exclude any third-party background services from the equation.
Follow the steps below to get started:
- To enter MSConfig, press Windows + R and click Enter.
- The System Configuration will appear in the results.
- Select the Services tab, then the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox in the bottom-right corner. This will remove all of the necessary Microsoft services from the list.
- Then, to stop all third-party background services, click the Disable all option.
- Go to the Startup tab now. Select the Open Task Manager option from the drop-down menu.
- Select an app and then disable it by clicking the Disable button. Carry out this procedure for all of the applications on the list.
- After that, click OK and restart the Minecraft launcher on your Windows PC.
The “minecraft launcher download” is a fix for the Minecraft Launcher that will allow it to open in Windows 10/11.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Microsoft Minecraft launcher not opening?
A: Microsoft Minecraft Launcher is not opening, this could be caused by a variety of different things. Some possible causes are that you have too much memory running in the background or your computers processor has overheated which will cause the launcher to freeze during startup. The fix for these issues typically lies with either deleting some files from your system registry or removing anything else on your PC causing interference while attempting to open the game such as antivirus software and Windows Firewall
Does Minecraft launcher work with Windows 11?
A: Microsoft says that Minecraft launcher does not work with Windows 10, as it is a security risk. If you are looking for the best version to play on your PC, please use Minecraft Java Edition instead of the launcher.
How do I run Minecraft on Windows 11?
A: Unfortunately, Microsoft does not allow users to run Minecraft on Windows 10. This is due to copyright restrictions that Microsoft fears would be leveled against them should they allow something like this.
- minecraft launcher won’t open windows 10
- how to fix minecraft launcher not opening
- minecraft launcher won’t open 2021
- minecraft launcher won’t open mac
- minecraft launcher installer not working