Stremio is a media player for all your video needs. Stremio supports a wide variety of formats, but it is best known for its powerful and robust media player capabilities. Stremio can play videos from local files (Blu-ray discs, DVDs, etc.), from the internet and from other DLNA devices, and many more.
To watch movies on your FireStick or Android TV, you have to use the Stremio app. Stremio is a media streaming app that lets you access a large number of streaming services, so you can watch anything from 4K and HDR (high dynamic range) content to movies, TV shows, documentaries, and music. Stremio is the app that lets you watch anything you want, on any device.In this guide, I’ll show you how to install Stremio on FireStick, Fire TV, Fire Stick 4K, FireStick Lite and Android TV boxes.
Stremio is a multimedia streaming service that allows you to watch movies, programs and various other types of content online. This service is supported on various device platforms including computers, mobile phones, TVs, etc. However, on some devices it is not always available through the official channels.
For example, you can officially get Stremio from the Google Play Store on Android mobile phones and Android TV set-top boxes with the standard Android operating system. However, on the FireStick and TV set-top boxes with Android TV OS (such as Mi Box and Nvidia Shield), it must be installed manually (sideloaded).
I found Stremio to be a simple application, much easier to use than Kodi. However, it is not that versatile. It doesn’t matter much, because this way I can see just about anything I want. Additionally, Stremio add-ons are installed online, not on local storage. This is good news for devices with little memory, like the FireStick and most Android set-top boxes. The online setup also means that I only have to install the Stremio addon on one device and it is available on all the devices where I use the service.
Let’s start with the installation process.
To install Stremio on a FireStick
While Stremio is available on the Google Play Store, it is not yet available on the Amazon Store. This application loads sideways on your FireStick and other Fire TV devices, including the new FireStick Lite. Side loading is the manual installation of an application. It’s not difficult. I’ll help you.
Attention FireStick users!
Governments and ISPs are constantly monitoring your online activities, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick can cause serious problems. Your IP is currently visible to everyone. I highly recommend you to buy the best FireStick VPN to hide your IP address and transfer your favorite games safely.
Personally, I use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN on the market. Not only is it easy to install on any device, but it also comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. And if you are not 100% satisfied, you can always get your money back. ExpressVPN is also currently offering an additional 3 months free for an annual plan!
Here are the reasons why using a VPN is essential at all times.
First you need to install the Downloader application. This is a download program for the FireStick. You cannot download Stremio APK directly from your web browser.
1. The Downloader application is available in the Amazon store. You can find it from the Search > Search option on the Home screen. For more information on the Downloader application, read our detailed guide to downloading applications to the FireStick.
2. Find and install the Downloader application
3. Go to the home screen of your FireStick and select Settings from the menu
4. Now click on My Fire TV
5. You should now see the following selection of options. Click on Developer Options
6. Click on Install unknown applications
7. Activate the Downloader application
The above steps will configure your FireStick to install Stremio. Let’s start with the installation process.
Steps to install Stremio on a FireStick
The following steps describe how to install the Stremio application on the FireStick:
1. Open the Downloader application.
2. Click on the URL field
3. Enter the following URL: https://strem.io
4. Once the page loads, click the Got It button at the bottom of the page.
5. Now click on the hamburger symbol
6. Scroll down the list and tap Downloads in the drop-down menu.
7. On the following webpage, scroll down to the Android section and click on the APK link (the one that says ARM APK).
8. Wait for the Stremio APK to download. It usually takes less than a minute, but it depends on your network speed.
9. Once you have downloaded the APK, the installation window will appear. Click on Install
10. The installation also takes a minute or maybe less
11. If you see the App Installed window, do not click Open yet. Instead, click Done and return to the Downloader application.
12. Then click the Delete button.
13. Press Delete again
The reason for deleting the APK file is that it is no longer needed and saves space in the FireStick’s limited memory.
You have successfully installed Stremio on the FireStick. Read on to find out how to use Stremio on your device.
Using Stremio on a FireStick
Now that you have Stremio installed on your Fire TV Stick, it’s time to learn how to get the most out of it.
However, before you start using Stremio, I want to warn you that everything you send online is visible to your ISP and the government. This means that watching movies, TV shows and sports broadcasts for free can get you in trouble with the law.
Fortunately, there is a reliable way to hide all your streaming activities from your ISP and the government. All you need is a good VPN for the Fire Stick. A VPN can help you bypass online spying, ISPs and geographical restrictions on content.
I personally use and recommendExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with Stremio and very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage copyright infringement. But what if you accidentally upload content from an illegal source? It is not always easy to distinguish between a legal and an illegal source.
So, before you use Stremio on the Fire Stick, let’s see how you can use ExpressVPN to hide your streaming activities from prying eyes.
Step one: Subscribe to ExpressVPNHERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means you can use it for free for the first 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the service (which is highly unlikely), you can request a full refund.
Step two: Turn on your Fire TV / Stick and go to the search option on the far left. Now type expressvpn (without quotes) into the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it appears in the search results.
Step three: Click Download or Get to install the ExpressVPN for Fire TV / Stick application.
Step four: Open the application and enter the credentials you created when you purchased your ExpressVPN subscription. Click on Connection
Step 5: Click on the power icon to connect to the VPN server. That’s it. Now your connection is secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also learn more about using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
Now that you’re protected, it’s time to start using Stremio on your Fire TV/stick. The next part of the guide will show you how to install Stremio on your Android TV box. But you can go straight to the part where I showed you how to use it on your device.
To install Stremio on Android TV Box
If you have an Android box with a standard Android operating system (similar to the system used in Android mobile phones), you can install Stremio directly from the Google Play Store.
If you have an Android box running Android True TV (e.g. Mi Box or Nvidia Shield), you will need to download the Stremio application as it is not available in the Google Play Store. We will use the downloader application to install Stremio.
Here are the steps to follow to install Stremio on your Android TV box:
1. Open the Google Play Store (if it’s not on the home screen, launch it from the app drawer by tapping the app icon on the left).
2. Search for the download app in the Play Store with aftvnews (you may not find it if you type in the name of the download app).
3. Click Downloader if you see it in the search results.
4. Click on the Install button in the following window
5. Click Open to launch the downloader (you can also launch it from the application drawer by going to Applications).
6. Tap Allow when the Downloader application requests access to files and media.
7. Click OK on this window (it only appears if you start the downloader for the first time).
8. Press GO after entering the following URL: https://www.firesticktricks.com/st.
9. Wait until the download application has downloaded the Stremio APK file to the memory of your Android device.
10. If you have not enabled installation from unknown sources for the downloader, the following prompt appears. Press Settings
11. Turn on the toggle switch next to the downloader and press the back button on the remote.
12. Press the Install button
13. Click in this window again on Setup
14. After installing Stremio on your Android device, tap Open to launch the application. But first, let’s delete the Stremio APK file from memory. Press Done
15. Press Delete
16. Press Delete again
17. We now open the Stremio application. Downloaded applications do not appear in the application tray. Therefore, you cannot access Stremio from applications. Press Settings instead
18. Click on the applications
19. Scroll down the list and select the Stremio application.
20. Press the Open button to start Stremio on the Android TV box.
To register for Stremio
The registration process is actually quite simple. You can sign in on your computer, your mobile device, or even your FireStick. This is roughly what the registration/login screen looks like on all devices:
There are two ways to register your Stremio account. The first option is to log into Facebook and authenticate with your Facebook credentials. So you don’t have to go through the registration process.
This is the least anonymous method, as your stream logs are linked to your Facebook account. If you don’t plan to use third-party add-ons for Stremio, you can connect to Facebook. However, if you want to use such addons, you must register with an email address instead.
When you connect via email, your privacy and anonymity are preserved with a VPN. Please note the following points:
- Use your new email account to log in to Stremio. You don’t want to tie your streaming activity to a traceable email address.
- Keep VPN enabled when creating a new e-mail address
The email registration process is incredibly quick and easy. Just enter your email address and choose a password. Yes, it’s true! Here’s how to get started. You don’t even have to confirm your email address.
After you have registered, log in with your e-mail address and password.
To use Stremio on the FireStick and Android TV Box
Log in to Stremio after registering on your device. Here is the login screen
This is the home screen of the Stremio application, which opens in Tip by default. Here you will find the latest and most recommended content.
For more information, click on the hamburger menu icon in the top left corner of the Stremio FireStick interface. Click on the Discover category, which is divided into Movies, Series, Channels and TV Channels.
Clicking on a category will open the available content. Let’s say you choose Movies, Stremio will take you to the Movies page. Here you can sort and filter films by catalogue or by genre. Here are some catalog categories you can sort your movies by:
– Per year
– Per rating
In the Genre category you can filter movies by common genres like Action, Adventure, Animation, Documentary, Crime, etc.
In the My Library section of the Stremio FireStick app, you can find the movies and shows you have marked as favorites. The application also allows you to integrate the flyer. Synced flyer items are also displayed in My Library.
Now we come to the most important part of the Stremio application: the extras. It is located at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It’s the add-ons that make streaming content possible. You can’t do it without add-ons.
To understand the Stremio add-ons, I’ve created a whole new section below.
To install addons on Stremio
Just like with Kodi, you need addons to watch your favorite content. However, unlike Kodi, Stremio addons are installed online and not on local storage.
This is a great solution for devices with little memory, such as. B. FireStick and Android TV boxes. You can install multiple add-ons without worrying about disk space.
Another advantage of installing Stremio add-ons online is that they only need to be installed on one device and can be synced across all devices you use Stremio on with the same Stremio account. The big drawback is that Stremio has access to all your streaming activity. It is therefore very important to use Stremio with a VPN.
Stremio supports two types of add-ons:
Official Website – Community
Community addons are addons that allow you to stream movies and series for free. These are third-party add-ons created by independent developers. In this guide, we will focus on community addons.
Juan Carlos 2, Popcorn Time and RARBG are the most popular community addons for Stremio at the time of writing. The steps for installing the desired add-ons are described below:
1. Click on the menu icon in the top left corner of the Stremio home screen and select Extras from the drop-down list.
2. You will notice that the addons are filtered to Official by default. Click on a category and select Community
Message: You can also filter addons by content type. Click on the first menu that says All, and you can filter by movie, series, channel, or whatever.
3. When the following list of categories appears, scroll down to the addon you want to install and click Install.
4. If this warning appears, click Set Up again.
5. After a few seconds you will see that a notification add-on has been installed.
That’s it! Now you’re ready to stream your favorite content to the FireStick with Stremio. Return to the menu where you clicked Community. This time, click Installed. All installed addons are shown on the screen.
How to start streaming with Stremio on FireStick and Android TV Box
After installing the add-ons, you are ready to stream. It’s very easy to get started. This is how it goes:
1. Select the content you want to watch, for example, a movie or an episode.
2. Stremio will now start searching for streaming links. When the links are found, they are listed on the right. Click on the streaming link and start watching your favorite content. Like I said, incredibly easy!
Stremio is one of the best online streaming services available today. With this app, you can easily stream your favorite content including movies, series, live broadcasts and just about anything else. It may not be as versatile as Kodi, but I found it much easier to use. And if there are few good addons, there are still plenty to see what you like.
My favorite thing about Stremio is that you can install add-ons online. This saves space on devices with little storage capacity. Install the addon on one device and it will be available on all your devices. Stremio is also one of the best alternatives to Kodi.
How to jailbreak the FireStick
How to install Kodi on the FireStick
How to update Kodi on the FireStick
How to install Cinema APK on the FireStick
We do not check the legality or safety of any add-ons, applications or services mentioned on this website. Furthermore, we do not promote, publish or link to copyrighted feeds. We strongly condemn piracy and urge our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our website refers only to non-copyrighted public domain content. Read our full disclaimer.
We are a reader-supported blog. If you purchase an item through the links on our website, we may receive a commission. Read more
We need your support
how to install windowshow to install vinyl flooringhow to install laminate flooringhow to install vinyl laminate flooringhow to install vinyl tile flooringhow to install vinyl plank flooring quick and simple,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,Sheet vinyl flooring,Laminate flooring,Linoleum,Polyvinyl chloride,Carpet,Cork,See more,how to install windows,how to install vinyl plank flooring quick and simple,how to install vinyl tile flooring,how to install laminate flooring,how to install vinyl flooring,how to install vinyl laminate flooring,how to install vinyl sheet flooring on concrete,how to install vinyl flooring in a bathroom