Have you ever seen the ranch dressing recipe on Pinterest, and wondered how it tasted? Like a thousand other Pinterest recipes, it promises to help you lose weight and reach your goals. But how does it really work? Let’s look at this ranch dressing recipe and see if it is really as good as it sounds.
I’ve been wanting to create a 5 minute salad dressing recipe for awhile now, and I finally got around to making it a few weeks ago. And the results were surprisingly good! Although I’ve only had it a few times, the dressing has been re-used many times, and I’ve developed a really good taste for it.
Recently, a friend recommended this recipe for a ranch dressing I’ve been looking for. The recipe does not require ingredients that are not readily available and fits within my low carb diet. The dressing is very mild, so it’s easily adaptable to any level of greenness. In my case, that meant that I used about 2 tablespoons of fresh chives.. Read more about low-carb foods and let us know what you think.
There are relatively few folks who do not enjoy ranch food. We can put up with them, but we will never truly comprehend them. Instead of bowing down to the non-ranch fans, we decided to make the best ranch dressing ever! We think you’ll like this light and creamy recipe as much as we do!
Is Ranch Dressing a Keto Approved Product?
In a pinch, store-bought salad dressing can be used as a low-carb keto option, but it’s not the best option. Instead, you’ll want to prepare a homemade ranch dressing recipe all of the time. Regular ranch dressing has 2 grams of carbohydrates per serving, whereas our keto ranch dressing recipe has ZERO!
WHY DON’T WE USE REGULAR RANCHERY DRESSING
Low-quality components, such as cheap oils and fillers, are commonly found in store-bought ranch dressings. This is why we believe that making your own homemade ranch and knowing exactly what goes into it is always preferable.
Oils of Poor Quality
So, what’s the big deal with lower-cost oils? Most store-bought salad dressing bottles contain a variety of oils, ranging from canola to soybean and cottonseed. Hexane is a chemical that is used to extract numerous plant oils. This chemical can be damaging to people’s health since it denatures the oil, lowering omega 3 levels and increasing the risk of trans fats (1).
Ranch Dressing (Keto) from the Best Store
We understand that some individuals are still put off by the prospect of having to produce their own fresh ranch, especially if it is only good for 5 days. That’s why we’ve included a list of some of our favorite store-bought alternatives below. They’re low-carb keto options made with high-quality foods and herbs. Some of our favorites are:
Keto Food List (FREE PRINTABLE)
Join 150,000 others who have already gotten a FREE keto food list and new recipes every week!
- Ranch dressing from Primal Kitchens– This is the original healthy low carb ranch dressing. It’s created with avocado oil and organic apple cider vinegar. It’s also dairy-free, making it a fantastic choice for lactose-intolerant people.
- Ranch Dressing by Sir Kensington – Like the homemade ranch dressing in this recipe post, this low carb keto ranch dressing is thick. Herbs, avocado oil, and organic egg yolks are used to make it. (It does include a trace of sunflower oil, but it’s so far down the ingredient list that we don’t mind.)
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Vegan Ranch- This vegan ranch dressing is a great alternative for people seeking for a dairy-free, quick-to-make keto dressing. For the healthiest base possible, it’s produced with 100 percent real avocado oil and apple cider vinegar.
These are just a few of the top low carb ranch dressing options currently available. Don’t be afraid to look for more or to improve on this simple keto ranch dish.
What Can You Do With Ranch?
Ranch dressing is an extremely versatile ingredient and condiment. It’s fantastic on anything from buffalo wings to tater tots, according to those from the Midwest. However, if you’re looking for the best keto pairings, we’ve got you covered. The following are some of the greatest and easiest ranch mates to make:
- Salad dressing– Ranch dressing is by far the most popular salad dressing. This sour cream-based ranch is rich and creamy, making it ideal for covering cucumbers and lettuce. Ranch dressing also helps to increase the fat content of your salad, so it’s not just fresh herbs and oil.
- Wings– As previously said, wings are an excellent choice for serving with extra ranch dressing. Buffalo wings may be really hot and spicy, so the sour cream creaminess helps to cool them down.
- Baked Chicken Nuggets– Both nuggets and tenders are fantastic for dipping in ranch dressing. Our keto chicken nuggets are simple to make and have a low net carb count, so you can eat them guilt-free.
- Keto Pizza– A wonderful choice for dipping in freshly prepared ranch is our quick keto pizza, which can be cooked in about 30 minutes. Ranch’s fresh herbs add a lot to the pizza’s flavor.
There are plenty of additional ranch-friendly foods to try, so don’t limit yourself to just these four. To figure out which vegetables and toppings go best with ranch dressing, try a variety of them. We guarantee that, like it has for us, this dressing will become a staple in your kitchen.
How Long Will Homemade Ranch Keep You Satisfied?
Fresh ingredients like heavy whipping cream, sour cream, and fresh herbs go into this handmade ranch. This means it tastes even better, but it won’t survive as long as the shelf-stable variety. If you’re making a large quantity, we recommend eating it within five days or freezing half of it for later.
Is it possible to make a dairy-free keto ranch dressing?
There are dairy-free options for this keto ranch dressing, but they call for more mainstream vegan items that aren’t always the healthiest. Mayo is already dairy-free, which is fantastic, but heavy cream and sour cream would have to be substituted. The following are some possible substitutions:
- Coconut Cream as a Substitute for Heavy Cream– Coconut cream is the thick component of canned coconut milk and works well as a cream substitute in both sweet and savory recipes.
- Vegan Sour Cream — This can be difficult to come by, however vegan sour cream or very thick vegan yoghurt would suffice in this recipe. If you do decide to use yoghurt, make sure it’s basic and unsweetened. Trust us when we say that vanilla almond milk yoghurt isn’t really good in ranch.
Both of these substitutions are excellent alternatives for non-dairy eaters. The trick to making this meal keto is to use low-carb vegan ingredients. This homemade version beats Hidden Valley Ranch hands down!
Fresh vs. Dried Herbs
It’s no secret that the flavor of fresh herbs is superior to that of dried herbs. However, if you want to make a wonderful keto ranch dressing without using fresh herbs, we’ve got you covered. You can use dried herbs like dried dill or chives, but our preferred method is to lightly dry them. Herbs that have been lightly dried are commonly seen in the refrigerator and produce area of supermarkets. They are partially dried but not completely, making them simple to rehydrate in a sauce or dressing.
Ranch Dressing (Keto): How to Make It
Our keto ranch dressing is a delicious way to flavor salads and dip vegetables. This keto salad dressing comes up quickly with a few keto-friendly herbs and spices. The best part is that everything will be combined in a single mason jar. Who knew making fresh and tasty dressings on a keto diet could be so simple?
The base for this quick keto mason jar ranch includes mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, and heavy cream. You’ll then need to add all of your fresh herbs and spices. We used minced garlic, and the entire recipe just uses one clove, so there’s no need to be concerned about carbs. Freshly minced dill, chives, and onion powder are also used. Finally, you’ll need some pink salt and mustard powder. You can use dried dill instead of fresh dill, and fresh lemon juice instead of vinegar if you want.
How to Make Ranch Dressing (Keto)
Thankfully, there are only two stages to this recipe! This recipe is one of our favorites because nothing beats a quick shake and go dressing. To make this recipe, start by combining all of the fundamental ingredients in a mason jar. If desired, a pinch of black pepper can be added.
Now add your herbs, which have been finely minced. Then put your jar’s lid on and start shaking!
This dressing can be kept in the fridge for up to five days in a mason jar. The serving size nutrition is based on 2 tablespoons, however we prefer to use roughly half of the jar in our salads.
What Is the Best Way to Keep This Keto Ranch Dressing Recipe?
This dressing can be kept for up to 5 days in an airtight mason jar. If you want to make a big batch, keep half of the recipe in the fridge and the other half in an airtight freezer container. Allow the dressing to defrost in the fridge for a few hours before using.
Condiments for the Keto Diet
We are confident in the quality of our ranch. BUT, we’re also confident in the quality of our other condiments. More low-sugar, low-carb keto condiments can be found here:
- This is the finest keto BBQ sauce you’ll ever taste. It’s sugar-free but sweet and zesty, with a smoky undertone. Everything from wings to BBQ chicken pizza will benefit from it.
- Another thick and creamy low carb dressing is homemade Caesar salad dressing. Mayo, fresh parmesan, and crushed black pepper are used to make this keto dressing.
- Crispy Brussel Sprouts with TWO Dipping Sauces– Step forward all the sauce connoisseurs in the room. You may enjoy our crispy brussel sprout dish with not one, but two wonderful dips.
There are plenty of other sauces and dips on our website that you can try. Make a variety of dips for all of your guests to try at your next party. I mean, is it even a party if there aren’t any dips?
Keto Recipes That Are Extra Delicious
We realize our ranch is fantastic, but we also understand that you can’t survive on ranch alone! Our blog is chock-full of low-carb recipes that are suitable for any night of the week. Check out our:
- Crispy Keto Fried Chicken– This fried chicken recipe pairs perfectly with homemade ranch dressing. Crispy, spicy, and loaded with seasoned breading.
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs– For a quick and easy evening meal, try these buffalo chicken meatballs. They’re also great for parties because they’re juicy, spicy, and simple to skewer. Serve with homemade ranch for a spicy buffalo and chilling ranch combination.
- Apple Pork Chops– Juicy and delicious keto apple pork chops. They also come with a savory apple cider vinegar sauce that balances the sweetness of the base with the saltiness of the bacon. It’s great with roasted vegetables or just by itself!
Each of these recipes is tasty and distinct in its own right. To make the perfect supper and snacks, mix and match more keto recipes from all over our page. Please share your favorite recipes with us so that we can create the most delicious keto version possible!
Keto Ranch Dressing
This keto ranch dressing is the greatest option for individuals looking for a healthier ranch dressing that doesn’t take a long time to prepare. It’s simple, quick, and takes only five minutes to complete. There are few individuals who don’t like ranch, and we hope that by the conclusion of this recipe, you’ll be a ranch convert as well. Because you’ll soon be dipping anything from buffalo wings to grilled cheese in this fresh and delicious herb dip!
Keto Ranch Dressing
For all your dipping and topping requirements, try this creamy keto ranch dressing.
5 minutes in total
185 calories per serving
In a jar, combine all of the ingredients and stir well.
Refrigerate for up to 5 days after tightly covering.
Keto Ranch Dressing
Per Serving Amount
185 Calories from Fat 180 Calories from Carbohydrates
daily value in percent*
20g/31 percent fat
Saturated fat (saturated fat) (saturated fat) (saturated fat) (
1 gram of trans fat
Cholesterol (25 mg/dl): 8% Cholesterol (25 mg/dl)
Sodium 330mg (14% sodium)
Potassium (42 mg) is 1% of the body’s total potassium.
Carbohydrates (1% of total)
1g4 percent fiber
1 gram 1% sugar
1g2 percent protein
218IU4 percent vitamin A
One milligram of vitamin C is one percent of the body’s total vitamin C.
Calcium is found in 29mg3% of the population.
1 gram of iron is equal to 6% of your whole body weight.
* Percent Daily Values (%DV) are calculated using a 2000-calorie diet.
Keto Ranch is a term used to describe a diet that follows the ketogenic diet
Psst! Did you make this?Tag us on Instagram!We love seeing what you’ve made! Tag us on Instagram at @keto.connect or leave a comment & rating below.
This 5-minute recipe makes a fabulous low-carb & keto dressing. It is low carb, low calorie, low fat, gluten-free, paleo-friendly and can be made dairy-free. In fact it is so easy to make that you can have this delectable dressing on the table in under 10 minutes, start to finish.. Read more about low carb, low-fat diet and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is considered low-carb?
Low-carb foods typically have a carb content of less than 20 grams per 100 grams.
What do I eat on a low-carb diet?
You can eat a lot of vegetables, fruits, and meat.
Is low-carb better than Keto?
Low-carb is better than Keto, as it is a healthier diet.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto ranch dressing recipe
- keto ranch dip
- keto ranch seasoning
- keto ranch dressing no mayo
- keto ranch dressing brands